RJM Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Transportation Engineer position with highway design and project management experience for a full time (40 hr./week) assignment with Maryland State Highway Administration District 6 Office in LaVale, MD. This position will report directly to the Chief of the Engineering Systems Team for the District office. Typical types of duties will include:
- Manage multiple design projects and provide project updates in internal progress meetings. Actual design experience is preferred.
- Perform site visits and data collection as necessary for the design of in-house projects.
- Prepare design concepts for review and Compile Engineer’s Estimates.
- Develop project milestone schedules and determine/maintain project design budgets.
- Participate in project milestone meetings and prepare official milestone reports.
- Prepare Specifications for non-standard construction items.
- Assist in preparing project plans, specifications, and estimates prior to advertisement.
- Coordinate with construction inspection staff to answer design-related questions.
- Be familiar with AASHTO design manuals and TR-55 drainage analysis methods
- Be familiar with State of Maryland Erosion and Sediment Control/ Stormwater Management policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Microstation CADD, Adobe Acrobat Professional and other relative software
- Perform basic surveying and assist construction inspection as needed
Interested candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Transportation Engineer – Possession of a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or University. No prior experience is needed but preferred. 4 years’ work experience in professional engineering or 8 years’ experience in technical engineering at the journey level or above, may be substituted for the required education. Persons currently registered as Professional Engineers in the State of Maryland, or in a state with comparable requirements, are considered to have met the education requirements.
Candidates must :
- Be able to work as a member of a team and independently, have some flexibility in their schedule and conduct themselves as a representative of the State Highway Administration.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Subject to a background check
- Possess a Valid driver’s license
RJM Engineering, Inc. a full complement engineering firm, is an Equal Opportunity employer offering full range of benefits including paid leave, medical insurance, and 401k. Pay range is $24-30/hr. and will be commensurate with experience.