We currently have an opening for a Transportation Engineer to assist MSHA District 4 office in Hunt Valley, MD. Salary is negotiable.
Responsibilities will include:
– Work on a wide range of projects and tasks and assist with field research, data collection, data analysis,graphics, maps and data presentation, and report development.
– Assist in design of transportation roadway and civil engineering projects.
– Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
– Demonstrate and develop ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues.
– Collection of field data such as peak period turning movement counts and speed data.
– Supervise and perform capacity analyses using HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM and other software packages.
– Oversee and develop sequences of construction and traffic control plans.
– Perform safety analyses.
– Develop traffic volume forecasts.
– Prepare written reports.
– Prepare plans, specifications and estimates for traffic engineering elements of project such as traffic control signals, signing and pavement markings.
– May use engineering and design software, including computer simulation models and Geographical Information System (GIS) software, and equipment to prepare engineering and design analysis and documents.
– May use computer software to evaluate signal systems/transportation facilities and forecast future transportation demand.
– Assist with ITS studies and designs, including feasibility studies, Concepts of Operation, and preparation of plans, specifications and estimates for ITS field devices.
The qualified candidate will have a BS degree with emphasis on traffic engineering, strong written and verbal English grammar skills, valid driver’s license and good driving record, and must have good problem solving skills. Three (3) years of previous traffic experience in performing the duties noted above is preferred, but will consider entry level.
Job Type: Full-time